Friday 7 December 2018

Can Design 1










For my first design, I decided to incorporate the three arrows that are so widely known in recycling but have it in a way that is not in your face and go along with the Carlsberg brand. I chose to have them in the shape of the Carlsberg hop leaf to show identification for the brand. I decided to play around with the opacity and direction of the hop leaf. I had to bear this in mind because a can is circular and the left and right side of the designs would match up. I thought initially the white of the hop leaf design with the arrows inside was too intense so I made them less in your face like the rest of the design to keep the focus on the Carlsberg aspects whilst still having sustainability as a key point. 

The first design was the hardest because It would be my template for the rest of the designs. creating the back side of the can with all the information proved harder than expected. I used my already chosen typeface to keep the identity strong and created a small bio for this can design as Carlsberg use different ones for all cans. I used previous design information sections to create my design. I created every aspect from scratch, as sown below. 




After designing my first can I decided to print off a couple of my favourites so I could visualise what they would look like if Carlsberg were to use and print them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment