Thursday 12 April 2018

DEVELOPMENT OF IDEA

At this point I chose to refer back to the brief that I set myself. 

As the idea behind my exhibition derived from my research essay where I established that appropriation artists in graphic design are declining the request of originality and showing that for them originality is expendable. With my exhibition I want the aim to be for the public to make their own judgement and hold the responsibility to see if they can spot the original thus proving that authorship is necessary. 

This is also at the same time meaning that the local designers get recognition and are the authors of their own work even if it is appropriated from Reid's work. If I was actually creating the exhibition I would have a handout at the end with the names of the authors of each piece of work with a little bit about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment